openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] take 2 - Release Apache OpenWebBeans-1.5.0
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2015 20:31:08 GMT
Txs for the catch, Josef!
Can you please file a JIRA? We should really polish our samples. What most probably happened
is that we did forget to add the geronimo-annotations-1.2.jar as dependency to them. Just
a bug in the samples and not in OWB itself, so for me this is not a show stopper.
We should fix it for 1.5.1 of course!

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 16.04.2015 um 22:28 schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibucau@gmail.com>:
>
> yes, we got the same in pretty much all modules, think adding the dep in tomcat plugin
will solve it ie not a bug for "not this sample " runtimes

> Romain Manni-Bucau
> @rmannibucau |  Blog | Github | LinkedIn | Tomitriber

> I'm not sure if it should be considered a show stopped, but it appears at least the guess
sample application doesn't work in my quick test.  I simple ran "mvn tomcat7:run". It looks
like some missing dependencies prevent the scanner from reading the classes, which leads to
UnsatisfiedResolutionExceptions.

> INFO: Skipping deployment of Class class org.apache.webbeans.sample.bean.LoginBeandue
to a NoClassDefFoundError: javax/a
> nnotation/Priority
> Apr 16, 2015 4:11:23 PM org.apache.webbeans.config.BeansDeployer deploySingleAnnotatedType
> INFO: Skipping deployment of Class class org.apache.webbeans.sample.bean.ApplicationScopeProducerdue
to a NoClassDefFoun
> dError: javax/annotation/Priority
> Apr 16, 2015 4:11:23 PM org.apache.webbeans.config.BeansDeployer deploySingleAnnotatedType
> INFO: Skipping deployment of Class class org.apache.webbeans.sample.guess.NumberProducerdue
to a NoClassDefFoundError: j
> avax/annotation/Priority
> Apr 16, 2015 4:11:23 PM org.apache.webbeans.servlet.WebBeansConfigurationListener contextInitialized
> SEVERE: An error occurred while starting application context path : [/guess]
>
> I'll dig in a little deeper this evening, but these classes don't appear to explicitly
use the @Priority annotation.  Perhaps the pom needs to be moved up to cdi 1.2 api jar, or
the ee-7 commons annotation jar needs to be added?

> On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 3:43 PM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:
> Here is my
>
> +1
>
> LieGrue,
> strub
>

> > Am 15.04.2015 um 21:57 schrieb Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de>:
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > Another round of release bingo ;)
> >
> > It’s a great pleasure - again :) - to call a second VOTE for releasing Apache
OpenWebBeans-1.5.0.
> > OWB-1.5.x is the first version to support CDI-1.2  which is a maintenance version
of the CDI-1.1 JSR-346 specification.