openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <itsme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on Interceptors and CDI specifications/versions
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 19:26:38 GMT
@Mark @Romain

Tried it out (atleast the case with CDI Interceptor on EJB Timer) and it
worked nicely in TomEE but not in WAS. PMR is filed already. Thanks for
your help guys :)

Regards
LF

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 9:22 AM, Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <itsmeden@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Mark and Romain
>
> Yes will file a PMR. When debugging an EJB interceptor with @AroundInvoke
> I saw that there where an OWB EJB Interceptor outermost that when I looked
> at the source is supposed to run all decorators and then all interceptors.
>
> What section of the spec (EJB 3.1?, CDI 1.0?, Interceptor 1.1?) should I
> refer to.... maybe I have missed what section its described in? Its not
> clear to me if they write in the spec "Interceptor" does that include EJB
> and CDI Interceptor or only EJB?
>
> Regards
> LF
>

> On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 7:54 AM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> If this is about MDBs or @Scheduled methods then it has not much to do
>> with CDI but rather with the EJB container.
>>
>> I also think it should work as per the spec. You might need to file a PMR
>> for this.
>>

>> LieGrue,
>> strub
>>

>> On Sunday, 9 November 2014, 6:50, Romain Manni-Bucau <
>> rmannibucau@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> >Ok
>> >This is the responsability of the ejb container, not cdi. IIRC it should
>> work as well.
>> >
>> >Le 9 nov. 2014 00:41, "Lars-Fredrik Smedberg" <itsmeden@gmail.com> a
>> écrit :
>> >
>> >Hi Mark
>> monday when Im back to office.

>> I'm using it heavily at some customers . Do you have a beans.xml in
>> WEB-INF? WAS needs this (not required by the spec, but anyway).
>> might also check if your method declares 'throws Exception'. This is
>> required by the spec ans WAS is pretty picky about it.

>> Timeout should be supported IIRC but we did it after several releases ie
>> not 1.0.

>> added. If I try to bug report something that is not in Java EE 6 I will get
>> the cold hand I guess :)

>> versions

EJB 3.1
>> Specification and Interceptors 1.1 (and later on Interceptors 1.2 MR)

I find no
>> references to a specific CDI version or to CDI at all.

I see the
>> following:

for the chapters
>> 2,3 and 5 (excluding 5.5)."

>> Dependency Injection for the Java EE Platform 1.1 (CDI specification)"

methods are

@AroundInvoke is
>> okay to use with a CDI interceptor using CDI 1.1, correct?
>> @AroundInvoke also okay with CDI 1.0? I find no information on that?

work with WebSphere
>> 8.5.5 that uses OWB (with a version that atleast should support CDI 1.0).

message and any
the exclusive use
>> of the
privileged