openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Question on Interceptors and CDI specifications/versions
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 10:09:04 GMT
Txs and please let us know once this is solved ;)

LieGrue,
strub

On Tuesday, 11 November 2014, 20:29, Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <itsmeden@gmail.com> wrote:

>@Mark @Romain
>

>Tried it out (atleast the case with CDI Interceptor on EJB Timer) and it worked nicely
in TomEE but not in WAS. PMR is filed already. Thanks for your help guys :)

>Regards
>LF
>

>On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 9:22 AM, Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <itsmeden@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>Hi Mark and Romain
>>

>>Yes will file a PMR. When debugging an EJB interceptor with @AroundInvoke I saw that
there where an OWB EJB Interceptor outermost that when I looked at the source is supposed
to run all decorators and then all interceptors.

>>What section of the spec (EJB 3.1?, CDI 1.0?, Interceptor 1.1?) should I refer to....
maybe I have missed what section its described in? Its not clear to me if they write in the
spec "Interceptor" does that include EJB and CDI Interceptor or only EJB?

>>Regards
>>LF
>>

>>On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 7:54 AM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:
>>
>>+1
>>>
>>>If this is about MDBs or @Scheduled methods then it has not much to do with CDI
but rather with the EJB container.

>>>I also think it should work as per the spec. You might need to file a PMR for
this.

>>>LieGrue,
>>>strub

I'm using it heavily at some customers . Do you have a beans.xml in WEB-INF? WAS needs this
(not required by the spec, but anyway).
might also check if your method declares 'throws Exception'. This is required by the spec
ans WAS is pretty picky about it.

Timeout should be supported IIRC but we did it after several releases ie not 1.0.

support was added. If I try to bug report something that is not in Java EE 6 I will get the
cold hand I guess :)

has obsolete versions
<itsmeden@gmail.com> a écrit :

> [...]
EJB 3.1 Specification and Interceptors 1.1 (and later on Interceptors 1.2 MR)

1.1 I find no references to a specific CDI version or to CDI at all.

1.2 I see the following:

for the chapters 2,3 and 5 (excluding 5.5)."

- Context and Dependency Injection for the Java EE Platform 1.1 (CDI specification)"

methods are denoted by the AroundTimeout annotation."

private, protected or package level access. An around-timeout method must not be declared
as abstract, final or static."

that @AroundInvoke is okay to use with a CDI interceptor using CDI 1.1, correct?
1.1, is @AroundInvoke also okay with CDI 1.0? I find no information on that?

to work with WebSphere 8.5.5 that uses OWB (with a version that atleast should support CDI
1.0).

message and any
for the exclusive use of the
or privileged information. If