openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Question on verifying java classes in a CDI extension
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2014 09:07:13 GMT
Sorry did hit the wrong button before.

Answers inside.

LieGrue,
strub

On Sunday, 13 July 2014, 11:00, Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <itsmeden@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I understand that from a portable point of view observing

> the afterDeploymentValidation event will not be the best choice.

This answer was meant for the idea of using BeanManager#getReference() to get the proxy instance.
This might not work in AfterDeploymentValidation because of the aforementioned reason.

>I guess that isAssignableFrom and getSuperClass will face

> the same problem for EJBs as you explain and that both ways

> will work for CDI beans?

Exactly.

>Is there any way forward for EJBs with business interfaces?
Yes, you might need to detect EJBs, extract the business interfaces for them and store them
in a separate list.
But you would also need to check for the actual requested type for injection. There might
be many EJBs implementing some marker interface of your project.