openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: WAS and Application Context during @Asynchronous EJB method calls
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 10:05:49 GMT
Just to make sure the obvious WAS 'specials' are properly worked around:

* you have a WEB-INF/beans.xml ? This caused huge problems in WAS-8 and 8.5 if not there

LieGrue,
strub

On Wednesday, 14 May 2014, 9:41, Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <itsmeden@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Mark

>We are investigating this further and will most likely open a PMR for it.
>

>I have tried it in TomEE without seeing the same problems and we did debug into the application
scoped bean as you described.

>We still have not fully isolated when this problem occurs (and therefor not yet opened
a PMR), it seems like it can depend on what other types of components are packaged in the
same ear/war.

>Thanks for your reply
>Regards
>Lars-Fredrik
>

>On Wed, May 14, 2014 at 9:14 AM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:
>
>This must be the same contextual instance behind in both scenarios.
>>
>>I guess you debugged into the ApplicationScoped bean (e.g. into a getter) and verified
it that way and did not only look at the proxy (which never gets fully initialized).

>>If you really did look at the Contextual Instance and not only at the proxy, and if
you did get two separate instances then this is really a failure which you should open a PMR
for.

>>LieGrue,
>>strub
>>

>>On Wednesday, 14 May 2014, 4:39, Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <itsmeden@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>Hi!
>>>

>>>We are using Websphere (right now Liberty Profile April Beta since we use Liberty
Profile in development and need the async EJB functionality) to test CDI, EJB and @Asynchronous
method calls.

>>>The scenario is the folowing:
>>>

>>>1. An @ApplicationScoped bean is configured by an Event fired by RequestContextListener
(we could not fire the event from a ServletContextListener, more on that in another post).
>>>2. I have debugged and can see that the event reaches the @ApplicationScoped bean
and it gets initialized.
>>>3. The @Asynchronous method on the EJB injects and uses the @ApplicationScoped
bean BUT the contextual instance is NOT the same as the one in 2 above (and its therefore
not initialized properly).

>>>If I remove the @Asynchronous annotation from the EJB method and re-run the scenario
above everything works fine (the contextual instance of the @ApplicationScoped bean is the
same).