openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: WAS and Application Context during @Asynchronous EJB method calls
Date Wed, 14 May 2014 07:14:44 GMT
This must be the same contextual instance behind in both scenarios.

I guess you debugged into the ApplicationScoped bean (e.g. into a getter) and verified it
that way and did not only look at the proxy (which never gets fully initialized).

If you really did look at the Contextual Instance and not only at the proxy, and if you did
get two separate instances then this is really a failure which you should open a PMR for.

LieGrue,
strub

On Wednesday, 14 May 2014, 4:39, Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <itsmeden@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi!

>We are using Websphere (right now Liberty Profile April Beta since we use Liberty Profile
in development and need the async EJB functionality) to test CDI, EJB and @Asynchronous method
calls.

>The scenario is the folowing:
>

>1. An @ApplicationScoped bean is configured by an Event fired by RequestContextListener
(we could not fire the event from a ServletContextListener, more on that in another post).
>2. I have debugged and can see that the event reaches the @ApplicationScoped bean and
it gets initialized.
>3. The @Asynchronous method on the EJB injects and uses the @ApplicationScoped bean BUT
the contextual instance is NOT the same as the one in 2 above (and its therefore not initialized
properly).

everything works fine (the contextual instance of the @ApplicationScoped bean is the same).

context should be shared and the @Asynchronous scenario above should work.