openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <itsme...@gmail.com>
Subject Design - CDI and worker threads
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 13:37:24 GMT
Hi

If I within a thread wishes to start asynchronous "jobs" using the
ExecutorService (and Executors.newFixedThreadPool(...)) and wait for the
Future-result within that same thread I run into the following exception:

"WebBeans context with scope type annotation @RequestScoped does not exist
within current thread"

which is understandable since the managed bean passed used in the Callable
passed to ExecutorService.submit(...) contains injected beans iteself that
are @RequestScoped.

Is there any way around this? Suggestions on changing the design perhaps?

Regards
Lars-Fredrik Smedberg

--
Med vänlig hälsning / Best regards