openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Question on @ApplicationScoped beans
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 12:19:06 GMT
Nope, this MUST NOT happen.

Otoh it's also not supported to initialize any bean in AfterDeploymentValidation, as only
_after_ that event all the contexts will get started.

It's by incident that the ApplicationContext is already started before in OWB - but there
is nothing in the spec which guarantees this!

It might be some classloader issue as well. I'd open a PMR for it.

LieGrue,
strub

Hi!

that @Observes AfterDeploymentValidation) .
method @Observes ProcessAnnotatedType) on the
>@ApplicationScoped bean which internally sets a flag. This flag is checked by all business
methods on the bean (a flag that marks the
>bean as initialized).
>

>There are no other method that explicitly sets the flag to false, the only time the flag
is false is when the bean has been created the first

false which indicates that the @ApplicationScoped