openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Arne Limburg <arne.limb...@openknowledge.de>
Subject Re: Regarding OWB-714
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2014 17:07:04 GMT
Hi Lars-Fredrik,

So you have good chances that at least your first exception is gone with OWB 1.2.x
About the second one (ClassCastException): I am not aware that we fixed an issue like that.
Anyway, we did so much refactoring work in that area between 1.1.x and 1.2.x that it is worse
a try.

Regards,
Arne

Von: Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <itsmeden@gmail.com<mailto:itsmeden@gmail.com>>
Antworten an: "user@openwebbeans.apache.org<mailto:user@openwebbeans.apache.org>" <user@openwebbeans.apache.org<mailto:user@openwebbeans.apache.org>>
Datum: Freitag, 24. Januar 2014 17:51
An: "user@openwebbeans.apache.org<mailto:user@openwebbeans.apache.org>" <user@openwebbeans.apache.org<mailto:user@openwebbeans.apache.org>>
Betreff: Re: Regarding OWB-714

Hi

We are using Websphere 8.5.5.1 which i believe use OWB 1.1.6

Regards
LF

On Jan 24, 2014 5:38 PM, "Arne Limburg" <arne.limburg@openknowledge.de<mailto:arne.limburg@openknowledge.de>>
wrote:
Hi Lars-Fredrik Smedberg,

At least your issue is in that area. So it may be fixed with that issue. Which version of
OWB are you using?

Regards,
Arne

Von: Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <itsmeden@gmail.com<mailto:itsmeden@gmail.com>>
Datum: Freitag, 24. Januar 2014 15:51
An: "user@openwebbeans.apache.org<mailto:user@openwebbeans.apache.org>" <user@openwebbeans.apache.org<mailto:user@openwebbeans.apache.org>>
Betreff: Regarding OWB-714

Hi

We tried to inject a dependent object instance that had InjectionPoint as a parameter and
got an java.util.EmptyStackException. When looking at the OWB release notes I found the following:

[OWB-714] - EmptyStackException when accessing an instance that is created by a producer method
that has an InjectionPoint as parameter.

I assume that OWB-714 fixes the exception i got.

I tried to replace Instance with javax.inject.Provider and got the following exception

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.webbeans.inject.instance.InstanceImpl cannot be cast
to java.lang.String

Does OWB-714 fix both the above exceptions?

Regards
Lars-Fredrik Smedberg

--
Med vänlig hälsning / Best regards