openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: @SessionScoped and @ConversionScoped
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2013 22:08:42 GMT

All fine it seems!

LieGrue,
strub

>________________________________

here are some of the key points of their answer

>- WebSphere CDI implementation is based on OpenWebBeans (which we already knew)
>- WebSphere sets both of the following properties to true by default:
>  org.apache.webbeans.web.failover.issupportfailover=true
>    org.apache.webbeans.web.failover.issupportpassivation=true
>    They suggest not changing that unless there are a good reason to do so...
>- The CDI implementation registers a HttpSessionActivationListener. On a call to sessionWillPassivate
it stores the failoverbag (the session and conversation contexts) as an attribute in the session
(if org.apache.webbeans.web.failover.issupportpassivation=true)
>- The CDI implementation registers a ServletRequestListener. On a call to requestDestroyed
it stores the failoverbag as an attribute into the session (if org.apache.webbeans.web.failover.issupportfailover=true)

>In summary it should work out of the box with no additional configuration.
>

>Regards
>Fredrik
>

>On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 9:56 AM, Lars-Fredrik Smedberg <itsmeden@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>Hi
>>

>>I'm putting together a mail to our technical contact at IBM about this. Does OWB have
some pages describing its implementation of the SPI for fail over?

>>Regards
>>Lars-Fredrik
>>

>>On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Joseph Bergmark <bergmark@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>It sounds like the Websphere  documentation in this area isn't sufficient to answer
your questions.  It might be appropriate to open a PMR to get these details explained and
perhaps added to the info center.
>>>On Nov 28, 2013 6:20 AM, "Lars-Fredrik Smedberg" <itsmeden@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>Hi Mark

the DefaultOwbFailOverService? If they implemented their own is the settings for failover
and passivation (in openwebbeans.properties) still valid? Do you know any of their implementation
detail?

management nor clustering. It's more targeted for sticky session spread out stuff. Joe might
probably be able to help.

via MSM, but that's another story).

I need to check the version and get back to you with that....

WebSphere..?

should already be set up correctly.
which supports clustering at all. Is this the case Lars-Fredrik? Or are you using e.g. the
dev edition or even liberty-profile?

extension builders for going the most flexible route. And to allow to build a container yourself
(e.g. by just taking tomcat + tweaking stuff yourself).
usually don't need to tweak anything!

+ registering the FailOverFilter in the web.xml.

WebSphere developer.

session management in WebSphere I would need to configure the FailOverService and set issupportfailover
to true ?

If not how can I do that and how can I verify the setup? Is it logged at startup?

session on passivation.

Smedberg