openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Niki Dokovski <nick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OWB on Tomcat 7
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 12:20:24 GMT
Hi folks,

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:

> hi ludovic!
>
> Nope, you don't need it in there. What we do in a few apps is to package
> those apps into an EAR, then unpack the whole EAR into the ./webapps folder
> in tomcat and add the /lib folder as shared.loader in
> ./conf/catalina.properties.
> That gives you a shared ClassLoader which sits inbetween tomcat and your
> single webapps. Those WARs will be child-classloaders of the shared loader.
>
> Of course you can also move all the stuff into tomcats lib folder as
> well...

I did the exercise of running out of the box the tomcat7-sample application
 located at ${owb-trunk}/samples/tomcat7-sample project.
My goal is to do simple mvn clean package tomcat7:run and have the sample
hosted on embedded tomcat.
Here are my findings and would like to ask for clarifications
1. the project uses old tomcat-maven-plugin version 1.1 therefore i
switched to 2.2