openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From "l.penet@senat.fr" <l.pe...@senat.fr>
Subject Scanner && Tomcat 7 hot deploy
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 22:45:49 GMT
Dear all,

first, as this is my first post, I would like to thank all the
developpers for OpenWebBeans.

I am using its version 1.1.6 with myfaces 2.1.9 and extcdi 1.0.5 on
Tomcat 7.

It's working great, apart from a "problem" with tomcat rolling release
feature (
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/context.html#Parallel_deployment
)

This feature allows parallel deployment of several versions of a
project, provided that the war names follow a
webapp_name##version_name.war convention.

It seems to me that openwebbeans tries to scan files in the exploded
webapp_name directory, rather than the webapp_name##version_name directory.

I address this in my deployment procedure with automatic symlink
creation... But it is not really clean. Do you have a better workaround
(or, even better, solution ?).

Thanks in advance.

Ludovic
PS : I crawled the archives first but found nothing... Sorr if I missed.