openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Harald Wellmann <hwellmann...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Booting in Java SE?
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:47:40 GMT
Am 22.06.2012 20:30, schrieb Mark Struberg:
> It's not only about starting the container itself. You also need to control the Contexts
;)

Do I? I'd expect the container SE adapter to take care of that...

Weld SE automatically starts the application context, AFAIK. And
request, session and conversation contexts don't make sense in Java SE,
anyway.

> PS: it's out of question that our documentation currently is not our strongest point
:D

So it seems this list isn't busy enough, or else you'd save time writing
docs instead of answering emails ;-)

 > WebBeansContext.currentInstance() is an INTERNAL method

But it doesn't say so...

 > cdictrl shields all this away from your customer project!

Oh, it's not about a customer project. I'm currently experimenting with
CDI + OSGi, and that will require some low-level classloader wrestling
and other nasty stuff anyway.

Best regards,
Harald