openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Harald Wellmann <hwellmann...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Booting in Java SE?
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:18:53 GMT
Hi Mark,

Quoting from your blog:

<quote>
Have you ever tried to boot a CDI container like JBoss Weld or Apache
OpenWebBeans in Java SE? While doing this task you will end up knee deep
in the implementation code of the container you are using!
</quote>

Well, I've never had any trouble using

   new Weld().initialize();

that's simple enough and documented, so where's the problem?

Only with OWB I'm currently knee-deep in source code, for lack of decent
documentation....

Deltaspike as another wrapper doesn't help understanding the underlying
containers, either.

Of course, it's nice to have such an abstraction, but I think this
should really be part of the official CDI API.

I believe there's a CDI spec JIRA issue on this topic - is there any
progress for CDI 1.1?

Best regards,
Harald

Am 22.06.2012 19:46, schrieb Mark Struberg:
> Hi Harald!
>

> Those days I recommend to use DeltaSpike cdictrl [1]. The work is based on the stuff
we did in OWB cdi-test, but we also added implementations not only for OpenWebBeans, but also
for JBoss Weld and Apache TomEE. Others might follow ;)