openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Classloaders
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 13:53:05 GMT
Hi Harald!

By default OWB takes the TCCL (ThreadContextClassLoader) into account. An EE server (e.g.
WAS or Geronimo) could swap the SingletonService before starting up the container. But by
default each WebApp will start it's own BeanManager instance and it's own Extensions.

In our production app we e.g. have all the owb, myfaces, openjpa, bval, etc jars in a shared
ClassLoader. See the shared.loader setting in ${catalina.home}/conf/catalina.properties

Works superb!

LieGrue,
strub