openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Booting in Java SE?
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:35:26 GMT

Hi Romain!

Using openejb would be an option, but the problem is not openejb, but that you get tons of
additional APIs he might not need.

I really suggest to use DeltaSpike for this. It provides a portable API
which works with lots of containers (including openejb btw).

And here comes how it goes. Please put the following into your pom.xml:

><properties>
>    <deltaspike.version>0.2-incubating</deltaspike.version>
></properties>
><dependencies>
>    <dependency>
>        <groupId>org.apache.deltaspike.cdictrl</groupId>
>        <artifactId>deltaspike-cdictrl-api</artifactId>
>        <version>${deltaspike.version}</version>
>        <scope>compile</scope>
>    </dependency>
>    <dependency>
>        <groupId>org.apache.deltaspike.cdictrl</groupId>
>        <artifactId>deltaspike-cdictrl-owb</artifactId>
>        <version>${deltaspike.version}</version>
>        <scope>runtime</scope>
>    </dependency>
></dependencies>

And then you can use the following Code:

>import org.apache.deltaspike.cdise.api.CdiContainer;
>import org.apache.deltaspike.cdise.api.CdiContainerLoader;

>CdiContainer cdiContainer= CdiContainerLoader.getCdiContainer();
>cdiContainer.boot();
>cdiContainer.getContextControl().startContexts();>
>
>cdiContainer.shutdown();

That's all, there is nothing more needed...

LieGrue,
strub

Deltaspike is the proof. If you want sthg standard there is the EJBContainer and openejb for
instance.
>- Romain
>Le 22 juin 2012 19:47, "Harald Wellmann" <hwellmann.de@googlemail.com> a écrit :
>
>Am 22.06.2012 19:28, schrieb Romain Manni-Bucau:
>>
>>Hi, in openwebbeans-test you have the CdiContainer.
>>>

>>Do you mean org.apache.webbeans.cditest.CdiTestContainer in org.apache.openwebbeans.test:cditest:1.1.4?
>>
>>The corresponding implementation class CdiTestOpenWebBeansContainer also calls WebBeansContext.getInstance()
in its bootContainer() methods.