openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Rafael Pestano <rmpest...@yahoo.com.br>
Subject Re: OWB + Hibernate + Tomcat 7
Date Sun, 03 Jun 2012 00:17:24 GMT
Hi,

just got it working with hibernate 4.1.4(was trying with 3.6.9), and i can confirm it was
not a OWB bug cause i tried to create EntityManager manually via EntityManagerFactory and
the error was the same as @PersistenceContext.

Thanks for your help.

Att,

Rafael M. Pestano

Desenvolvedor Java Cia. de Processamento de Dados do Rio Grande do Sul
Graduando em Ciência da Computação UFRGS
http://code.google.com/p/jsf-conventions-framework/
http://rpestano.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/realpestano

________________________________
De: Gerhard Petracek <gerhard.petracek@gmail.com>
Para: user@openwebbeans.apache.org
Enviadas: Sábado, 2 de Junho de 2012 16:54
Assunto: Re: OWB + Hibernate + Tomcat 7

hi rafael,

the example was tested (as mentioned by the readme) on jetty v8 (which is also a servlet
container).

regards,
gerhard

2012/6/2 Rafael Pestano <rmpestano@yahoo.com.br>

found an example with PersistenceContext and OWB: https://github.com/matzew/modern-ee-app20 (thanks
to gerhard that point me that) but as i see its being deployed to an EE container and not
servlet containter like tomcat ..anyway as soon i get home i ll take a deep look.

>Att,
>
>Rafael M. Pestano
>
>Desenvolvedor Java Cia. de Processamento de Dados do Rio Grande do Sul
>Graduando em Ciência da Computação UFRGS
>http://code.google.com/p/jsf-conventions-framework/
>
>http://rpestano.wordpress.com
>@realpestano
>

>________________________________
>De: Rafael Pestano <rmpestano@yahoo.com.br>
>Para: "user@openwebbeans.apache.org" <user@openwebbeans.apache.org>
>Cc: My Faces Discussion <users@myfaces.apache.org>
>Enviadas: Sábado, 2 de Junho de 2012 9:42
>
>Assunto: Re: OWB + Hibernate + Tomcat 7
>
>Hi Christian thanks for your reply,
>
>i have already tried that and the error is similar:http://pastebin.com/CdeC85KC
>
>if i remove the dao injection everything works fine, the problem is just the entitymanager
injection with @PersistenceContext, so i think its not a OWB issue but a misconfiguration
in Hibernate stuff.

>I toke a look at myfaces maven archetypes[1] but couldnt find one using JPA/PersistenceContext.
>

>Att,
>
>Rafael M. Pestano
>
>Desenvolvedor Java Cia. de Processamento de Dados do Rio Grande do Sul
>Graduando em Ciência da Computação UFRGS
>http://code.google.com/p/jsf-conventions-framework/
>
>http://rpestano.wordpress.com
>@realpestano
>

>________________________________
>De: Christian Kaltepoth <christian@kaltepoth.de>
>Para: "user@openwebbeans.apache.org" <user@openwebbeans.apache.org>
>Enviadas: Sábado, 2 de Junho de 2012 4:52
>Assunto: Re: OWB + Hibernate + Tomcat 7
>

>I only had a quick look at the stacktrace, but it looks like Hibernate is trying to use
the Bean Validation API and the bootstrapping process fails for some reason. Perhaps the implementation
is missing? Do you have Hibernate Validator on the classpath? You could try to add this and
see if it helps.

>Christian
>

>2012/6/2 Rafael Pestano <rmpestano@yahoo.com.br>
>
>Hi everyone,
>>
>>im trying to migrante a simple Spring crud  app to OWB running in tomcat 7.0.27,
CDI container starts without problems but im facing some problems with Hibernate, here is
the startup log + error when i access the login page: http://pastebin.com/UTpuk18p