openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Varaksin <ovarak...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Yan: Yan: Help! OWB on JBoss 5.x not running
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 09:29:13 GMT
Hi guys,

Scannotation adopted by OWB can't handle VFS (I've reviewed AnnotationDB).
As result OWB is useless in JBoss > 5.x. I suggest to use Reflections
framework (advanced variant of scannotation) -
http://code.google.com/p/reflections/ Reflections can handle VFS. OWB could
use this workaround at least
http://code.google.com/p/reflections/issues/detail?id=76 Unfortunately, but
even Reflections has trouble with JBoss' VFS. There is a reported issue
http://code.google.com/p/reflections/issues/detail?id=93 But I think we can
use this workaround for "content" then
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4899371/why-cant-i-open-a-jboss-vfs-url

I could try to extend / improve scanning in OWB, but I haven't commit
rights. Should I create an issue ticket? I think this is an important issue
for all JBoss users. Another option would be to re-implement scanning from
scratch with VFS. VFS is an abstraction layer and I guess, we could handle
proper all kinds of URLs and protocolls then. This would be transparent and
convenient without any hacks with checking some substrings in URLs, etc. By
the way, the check

private String isJarUrl(String urlPath)

in AnnotationDB is not correct in my opinion. AFAIK JBoss' JAR URLs don't
end with "!/" in common case. They look e.g. as follows: vfszip:/E:/Servers/
jboss-5.0.1.GA/server/web/deployers/ejb3.deployer/jboss-ejb3-deployer.jar/The
same is for WARs. I saw in debugger that my WAR file was handled as a
single file and not as an archive.

Cheers. Oleg.

Ok. We can probably do this trick
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4899371/why-cant-i-open-a-jboss-vfs-urlBut where?