openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Varaksin <ovarak...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Yan: Yan: Help! OWB on JBoss 5.x not running
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 20:04:58 GMT
Hi Mark,

Unfortunately, but we have to stick with JBoss 5.0.1 due to customers
environment. It runs very well with JSF 2 and PrimeFaces, by the way. I
will see what I can do with OWB and this JBoss version. If I will be
able to get it running, I will publish here my solution. I'm going to
try to fix this issue at this edge first

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
         at
org.scannotation.archiveiterator.FileIterator.<init>(FileIterator.java:28)
         at
org.apache.webbeans.corespi.scanner.AnnotationDB.scanUrlPath(AnnotationDB.java:312)
         at
org.apache.webbeans.corespi.scanner.AnnotationDB.scanArchives(AnnotationDB.java:260)
         at
org.apache.webbeans.web.scanner.WebScannerService.configure(WebScannerService.java:68)
         ... 62 more
         at
org.scannotation.archiveiterator.FileIterator.create(FileIterator.java:35)
         at
org.scannotation.archiveiterator.FileIterator.<init>(FileIterator.java:24)

Exchange Weld by writing a module Def. for OWB sounds good. OWB rocks.
Good luck with your intention.

Greetings from Black Forest (Germany).

Oleg Varaksin
My blog: http://ovaraksin.blogspot.com/
My project: http://code.google.com/p/primefaces-extensions/

> hi!
>
> +1 to the vfs problem.
>
> Also please note that JBoss5.1 vfs is broken anyway because it doesn't get cleaned up
properly. In our environment the update from JBoss4 to JBoss5 caused our Disks (60GB free
space) to be filled up all 2 days ...
> We went back to JBoss4 for this legacy application. jb6 is not really good as well, but
JBoss AS7.1 was really good. Too bad it ships with Weld instead of OWB ;)
> There is an option to exchange Weld by writing a module Definition for OWB. Maybe I'll
do this when I find some free time (which is unlikely to happen soon).

> LieGrue,
> strub

scannotation source and update it to work with vfs:// protocol.