openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Gerhard Petracek <gerhard.petra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plugins & Tomcat
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:49:54 GMT
hi gernot,

first of all: welcome @ owb!

you don't need it, if you are using tomcat only. if you would like to use
the jee6 web-profile based on tomcat, you have to use the tomcat-plugin.
you can use for example the myfaces archetype:
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://myfaces.apache.org
(select #11) and you will get a hello world application with jsf2 + owb +
codi which works on servletcontainers like tomcat/jetty/...
(you just have to update the version numbers in the pom file, if you would
like to use the latest versions.)

regards,
gerhard

http://www.irian.at