openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Plugins & Tomcat
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 13:52:57 GMT
Hi!

The openwebeans-tomcat7 (and 6) plugins will just programmatically add the WebBeansConfigurationListener.
See ContextLifecycleListener.java:
listeners.addFirst("org.apache.webbeans.servlet.WebBeansConfigurationListener");

The openwebbeans-tomcat plugins will also enable CDI Injection into Servlets! See TomcatInstanceManager.

The OWB tomcat plugins are very handy indeed!
And the CODI artifacts provided by the Apache MyFaces team are really a good starting point.

LieGrue,
strub

--- On Wed, 7/27/11, Gerhard Petracek <gerhard.petracek@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Gerhard Petracek <gerhard.petracek@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Plugins & Tomcat
To: user@openwebbeans.apache.org
Date: Wednesday, July 27, 2011, 12:49 PM

hi gernot,
first of all: welcome @ owb!
you don't need it, if you are using tomcat only. if you would like to use the jee6 web-profile
based on tomcat, you have to use the tomcat-plugin.

you can use for example the myfaces archetype:mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://myfaces.apache.org(select
#11) and you will get a hello world application with jsf2 + owb + codi which works on servletcontainers
like tomcat/jetty/...

(you just have to update the version numbers in the pom file, if you would like to use the
latest versions.)
regards,gerhard

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -