openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Arne Limburg <arne.limb...@openknowledge.de>
Subject AW: Decorators with generic type-arguments
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:14:31 GMT
Hi Gurkan,

The spec says "the actual type is assignable to..." and you wrote isAssignableFrom so I think
the correct behavior would be to assign the Decorator. Anyway the code that applies a Decorator
to a bean looks very good imho and I don't think the implementation is wrong here, but the
code that checks if the delegate matches the decorator is not right.
The Spec says
"A decorator implements one or more bean types and intercepts business method invocations
of beans which implement
those bean types. These bean types are called decorated types." (8)
"The delegate type of a decorator must implement or extend every decorated type (with exactly
the same type parameters)." (8.3.1)
I have not tested it with Weld, I'll do that and tell you. But anyway I think this should
be fixed.
In my examples every delegate has the same type-parameters as the decorator, so it should
work.

I have a fix now for the ClassUtil.setInterfaceTypeHierarchy. I'll provide it via Jira. Unfortunately
now I get another error saying something like my return type does not match...

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Given bean type : class org.apache.owb.TestDecorator is
not applicable for the bean instance : Name:null,WebBeans Type:DECORATOR,API Types:[java.lang.Object,org.apache.owb.TestDecorator,org.apache.owb.GenericInterface],Qualifiers:[javax.enterprise.inject.Any,javax.enterprise.inject.Default]
               at org.apache.webbeans.container.BeanManagerImpl.getReference(BeanManagerImpl.java:914)
               at org.apache.webbeans.decorator.WebBeansDecoratorConfig.getDecoratorStack(WebBeansDecoratorConfig.java:160)
               at org.apache.webbeans.intercept.InterceptorHandler.invoke(InterceptorHandler.java:216)
               at org.apache.webbeans.intercept.NormalScopedBeanInterceptorHandler.invoke(NormalScopedBeanInterceptorHandler.java:98)
               at org.apache.owb.DecoratedBean_$$_javassist_0.isDecoratorCalled(DecoratedBean_$$_javassist_0.java)
I'll do some further investigation.

Regards,
Arne