openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Arne Limburg <arne.limb...@openknowledge.de>
Subject Decorators with generic type-arguments
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 13:40:31 GMT
Hi,

Currently I try to get a Decorator working, that decorates an interface with a generic type
argument. Although the Spec is quite clear about how to handle this (in 8.3.1) I am afraid,
OpenWebBeans cannot handle it:

This is the scenario

@Decorator
public class TestDecorator<A extends Annotation> implements GenericInterface<A>
{
  @Inject @Any @Delegate
  private GenericInterface<A> delegate;
}

public class TestBean implements GenericInterface<Scope> {
}

I have tried various combinations of actual type arguments in the Decorator (like Wildcard,
raw type, ...). The above leads to a definition error. Some other combinations lead to a behavior
where the Decorator is not applied. Even declaring the Decorator with the same actual type
variable (Scope in the example) does not work?
Would you consider this a bug or do I read the spec wrong and this is not supported.

Shall I fill a Jira Issue?

Regards,
Arne

--

Arne Limburg - Enterprise Architect
open knowledge GmbH, Oldenburg

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Oldenburg, HRB 4670
Geschäftsführer: Lars Röwekamp, Jens Schumann