openwebbeans-user mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Decorators with generic type-arguments
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:26:12 GMT
Anyway Arne, let aside the state of the _current_ CDI-1.0 spec, is there something that you
are missing which could be implemented easily?
We could bring this to the EG in this case (it's a bit late, but anyway).

LieGrue,
strub

--- On Wed, 4/20/11, Gurkan Erdogdu <cgurkanerdogdu@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Gurkan Erdogdu <cgurkanerdogdu@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Decorators with generic type-arguments
To: user@openwebbeans.apache.org
Date: Wednesday, April 20, 2011, 4:20 PM

>>>The spec says „the actual type is assignable to…” and you wrote isAssignableFrom
so
 I think the correct behavior would be to >>>assign the Decorator. Anyway
the code that applies a Decorator to a bean looks very good imho and I
don’t think the >>>implementation is wrong here, but the code that checks
if the delegate matches the decorator is not right.>>>The Spec says
This is what we discussed early with RI and TCK guys. (weird words in spec and using in Java).
Spec says "....the actual type is assignable

to the upper bound.....", in Java it means to use "isAssignableFrom" method not the reverse
:)

Cheers