openwebbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Gurkan Erdogdu <gurkanerdo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts on OWB 1.1.7 ?
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 12:15:17 GMT
Hi Mark

Yeah I get your point! I do not mean that we have to port module changes to 1.1.x branch.
I just want to have other fixes that I mentioned in previous email in 1.1.x branch. If we
will not commit these fix to branch,  these fixes had already been committed to the 1.2.0
TRUNK, we can release 1.2.0.M1 before changing lots of the things in TRUNK.  For Siwpas,
these fixes are very important.

Gurkan

________________________________
 Kimden: Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de>
Kime: "dev@openwebbeans.apache.org" <dev@openwebbeans.apache.org>
Gönderildiği Tarih: 27 Kasım 2012 13:51 Salı
Konu: Re: Thoughts on OWB 1.1.7 ?

Hi Gurkan!

I think we should _not_ port back all changes we did on trunk. That would make the maintenance
branch worthless.
I would e.g. not port back the SPI and module changes because that means it's not a drop-in
replacement anymore. I have not looked at the webbeans-cluster stuff right now. If this is
not needed for most users which do not use fail-over then I can imagine that it might be ok
for 1.1.7 as well. It should at least be drop in for most of our users.

Before heading to release 1.2.0 I would like to fix our Security stuff with commons-privilizer.

There are for sure a few things we need to fix in both branches. E.g. making the Producers
stateless and remove the CreationalContext from them.

How do we handle this in JIRA?
I propose to create a bug report for 1.2.0 and then create a clone for 1.1.7 just for tracking
commits and to be able to get a clean release report. wdyt?

Please tell us your preferences for doing a 1.2.0 release.
So far we are still on CDI-1.0, releasing 1.2.0 with CDI-1.0 and later moving to 1.1 sounds
a bit weird imo.

LieGrue,
strub