openwebbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Thoughts on OWB 1.1.7 ?
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 11:51:26 GMT
Hi Gurkan!

I think we should _not_ port back all changes we did on trunk. That would make the maintenance
branch worthless.
I would e.g. not port back the SPI and module changes because that means it's not a drop-in
replacement anymore. I have not looked at the webbeans-cluster stuff right now. If this is
not needed for most users which do not use fail-over then I can imagine that it might be ok
for 1.1.7 as well. It should at least be drop in for most of our users.

Before heading to release 1.2.0 I would like to fix our Security stuff with commons-privilizer.

There are for sure a few things we need to fix in both branches. E.g. making the Producers
stateless and remove the CreationalContext from them.

How do we handle this in JIRA?
I propose to create a bug report for 1.2.0 and then create a clone for 1.1.7 just for tracking
commits and to be able to get a clean release report. wdyt?

Please tell us your preferences for doing a 1.2.0 release.
So far we are still on CDI-1.0, releasing 1.2.0 with CDI-1.0 and later moving to 1.1 sounds
a bit weird imo.

LieGrue,
strub