openwebbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] remove logging for "Calling method on proxy is restricted except Object.toString()"
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:34:03 GMT
On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Mark Struberg <struberg@yahoo.de> wrote:
> I generally doubt that this is undefined/unintended!

I thought this trace message and thread were in regards to this rule
on contextual references:

5.4.2. Client proxy invocation

Every time a method of the bean is invoked upon a client proxy, the
client proxy must:

obtain a contextual instance of the bean, as defined in Section 6.5.2,
“Contextual instance of a bean”, and

invoke the method upon this instance.

If the scope is not active, as specified in Section 6.5.1, “The active
context object for a scope”, the client proxy rethrows the
ContextNotActiveException or IllegalStateException.

The behavior of all methods declared by java.lang.Object, except for
toString(), is undefined for a client proxy. Portable applications
should not invoke any method declared by java.lang.Object, except for
toString(), on a client proxy.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com