openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Larry Gusaas <larry.gus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cannot Open OpenOffice Doc on new Mac
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2020 23:00:01 GMT
On 2020-01-27 1:35 p.m., Stephen Kozowyk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’ve relocated my files to my new Mac and did not keep the OpenOffice app this time
around. I want to open the files on the Mac programs of Numbers or Pages. How do I do this
without OpenOffice? Do I need to download the latest version of Apache to do this? The files
were not converted and they show up as ZIP files.

> Thank you for any help!!!
> Stephen

Numbers & Pages do not open OpenOffice files.

Download the latest version of Apache OpenOffice at http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

Also check the known issues in the release notes.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.7+Release+Notes#AOO4.1.7ReleaseNotes-FormacOSusers