openoffice-users mailing list archives

From <mikyael...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject windows XP files on flash drive won't open in windows 8.1
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 09:55:52 GMT
Spent ages searching for answer. Tried very hard. Tried Users Forum, etc. I’m a beginner,
not technical, and it’s all too confusing. Can you help?

I have text, document files  from windows XP sp3 on Flash drive. Now I have new Dell PC  with
Windows 8.1. But when I click on files to open and work / edit them,   they won’t open.
I double left click.  When I select a file from the My Documents folder from my flash drive
list, a page comes up with choice, “Open or Save”   I don’t want to save, which I think
means save to hard drive;  I thought I’d just work from  files on flash drive;  to save
hard drive space. Is that possible, normal? Just to Open?

I’m a writer; my main use for computer.

Michael  Gerstein

Sent from Windows Mail