openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Doug <dmcgarr...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: How to put my resume file from email into the open office application and then send as a file
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 23:05:02 GMT

On 07/08/2014 03:26 PM, Justyna K. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How to put my resume file from email into the open office application and then send as
a file.

> Thanks.
>

> Sent from my iPad
Not sure why you're having a problem. Just highlite the entire resume
and paste it into OO or any word processor.
You should then be able to correct the line and paragraph spacing, and
the font and the justification. The only problem you will
have, I believe, is that any apostrophes or quote marks will be straight
"inch marks." And you'll have to go thru and correct them
all one by one.

If there is more to this than meets the eye, post again--I have been
doing something similar to this for some time, as editor
of a small-circulation Newsletter.  There is an additional technique i
have used once in a while, but if you don't need it, I won't
go into it, since your distro may be different.

--doug