openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: template with table - need help
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 22:16:41 GMT
At 16:30 03/07/2014 -0400, Julian Thomas wrote:
>On 3 Jul 2014, at 13:57, Brian Barker wrote:
>>All you have to do is to create a header (or footer) in your page
>>style and then to insert all the frames into the header. Note that
>>all this does is to anchor the frames in the header: they can still
>>be positioned (possibly by dragging) wherever you need them on the
>>page. Since the frames are anchored in the header, they will
>>automatically reappear, along with their content, on each page. The
>>header itself does not need to encroach on your page text area, as
>>you can adjust some combination of the header height, the header
>>spacing, and the top margin of the page to remove its effect on the
>>final appearance.
>
>Clever and fiendish!  It works (but see below)
>
>>When you move to a new page, either by natural text flow or by
>>inserting a manual page break (with no change of page style), the
>>frames will all reappear on your new page. You can create an
>>identical table around them or you can choose to copy the first
>>page to the second, amending the variable text as necessary. To
>>avoid needing to delete or replace the variable text, you could
>>choose to copy the first page to a second (and so on, similarly),
>>before you added the variable text to the first (and each) page.
>
>Unfortunately, when I move to the second page and amend the text, it
>changes it on the first page also.

Aaargh! Sorry: I didn't read your original message carefully enough.
I answered as if you had two frames per cell with the constant
material, but with the variable material in the table cell but not in a frame.

Since your variable material will also be in frames, you will need
these frames to be inserted into and therefore anchored in the
individual cells, not in the header. That way they can be copied to
each new page along with the containing table.

>I'm going to have to print this a page at a time:-(

Shouldn't be necessary.

Sorry again for the confusion.

Brian Barker