openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: template with table - need help
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 17:57:39 GMT
At 12:13 03/07/2014 -0400, Julian Thomas wrote:
>I've created a template consisting of a table (5 rows 2
>columns).  Each cell contains 3 frames - two of which are constant
>for all rows and one of which is for entry of variable information.
>How can I use this for a multipage document and have my fixed
>information replicated after the first page?

All you have to do is to create a header (or footer) in your page
style and then to insert all the frames into the header. Note that
all this does is to anchor the frames in the header: they can still
be positioned (possibly by dragging) wherever you need them on the
page. Since the frames are anchored in the header, they will
automatically reappear, along with their content, on each page. The
header itself does not need to encroach on your page text area, as
you can adjust some combination of the header height, the header
spacing, and the top margin of the page to remove its effect on the
final appearance.

When you move to a new page, either by natural text flow or by
inserting a manual page break (with no change of page style), the
frames will all reappear on your new page. You can create an
identical table around them or you can choose to copy the first page
to the second, amending the variable text as necessary. To avoid
needing to delete or replace the variable text, you could choose to
copy the first page to a second (and so on, similarly), before you
added the variable text to the first (and each) page.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker