openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: template with table - need help
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 20:41:39 GMT
On Thu, 3 Jul 2014 16:30:55 -0400
Julian Thomas <jt@jt-mj.net> wrote:

> On 3 Jul 2014, at 13:57, Brian Barker <b.m.barker@btinternet.com> wrote:
>
> > All you have to do is to create a header (or footer) in your page style and then
to insert all the frames into the header. Note that all this does is to anchor the frames
in the header: they can still be positioned (possibly by dragging) wherever you need them
on the page. Since the frames are anchored in the header, they will automatically reappear,
along with their content, on each page. The header itself does not need to encroach on your
page text area, as you can adjust some combination of the header height, the header spacing,
and the top margin of the page to remove its effect on the final appearance.

> Clever and fiendish!  It works (but see below)
> >
> > When you move to a new page, either by natural text flow or by inserting a manual
page break (with no change of page style), the frames will all reappear on your new page.
You can create an identical table around them or you can choose to copy the first page to
the second, amending the variable text as necessary. To avoid needing to delete or replace
the variable text, you could choose to copy the first page to a second (and so on, similarly),
before you added the variable text to the first (and each) page.

> Unfortunately, when I move to the second page and amend the text, it changes it on the
first page also.  I'm going to have to print this a page at a time:-(

As I recollect, you said that your frame content was invariant from page to page. If you wish
it to change, or to change after a number of pages, make another page style identical in format
but of different name. Header/Footer information, which your frames are by virtue of their
anchoring in the Header/Footer, is a Page Style property.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>