openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: template with table - need help
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2014 16:56:23 GMT
On Thu, 3 Jul 2014 12:13:01 -0400
Julian Thomas <jt@jt-mj.net> wrote:

> I've created a template consisting of a table (5 rows 2 columns).  Each cell contains
3 frames - two of which are constant for all rows and one of which is for entry of variable
information.

> How can I use this for a multipage document and have my fixed information replicated
after the first page?

> (Ideally I'd like to use the template as a label template for mail merge, but can't figure
out how to do this).

I think you could try this: open a new document. Define a new page style and on it place your
table, with the frames anchored in the header or footer; save this file as a one page file.
Each time you want a table of that sort, make a copy of this file, insert the data in your
table and use /File /Insert to insert the filled in single page file.  Because subsequent
files using that Page Style will echo the header/footer information the frames need only be
filled in on the first occurrence of the table page.

-
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>