openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Please I am stuck
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 15:35:01 GMT
On Tue, 1 Jul 2014 09:03:17 -0600
Lisa Paris <6258lisa@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a document that first of all the page numbers dissapeared when I
> changed the page breaks and I  can't seem to get them back. Worse though,
> the document is stuck in some kind of page break view and won't go back to
> normal view no matter what I do. Please help! I have worked for hours on
> this and need it back to normal.
> The "normal" view button is doing nothing.

You may be using /View /Print Layout. Instead, switch to /View /Web Layout, or contrariwise.
If you are seeing pages without page numbers, you need to modify the page style in use to
have a header or footer (or both). Click in one of these and /Insert /Fields /Page Number.
You should only see the page number in /View /Print Layout mode.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>