openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "johnny smith" <ka...@krovatka.su>
Subject Re: OpenOffice4.0.1
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 19:12:23 GMT
On Wed, 04 Jun 2014 18:40:28 -0000, Cecil Price <cepricejr@roadrunner.com> wrote:

> I am having what I consider to be a serious problem with OpenOffice.  After
> downloading OpenOffice 4.0.1 Most of my Microsoft Word files were
> transferred into OpenOffice format without my instructions to do so.

your files are still in the '.doc' format. the only thing that has changed when you installed
is that they are now associated with openoffice on the operating system level and are therefore
opened with it instead of word. you could opt out of associating them with openoffice during
the installation process.

to associate them back to word, right-click on any '.doc' file, choose 'open with', select
microsoft word from the list of programs, tick 'always use this program to open the files
of this type' and press ok.