openoffice-users mailing list archives

From toki <toki.kant...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: It sucks
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2014 21:37:47 GMT
On June 24, 2014 11:49:16 AM PDT, Christopher Hallsworth  wrote:

>I asked to make it accessible with VoiceOver but received no response.

A11Y is a two way street.
Both sets of developers (A11Y & other program) have to work together, so that the program
functions as expected, when using the A11Y software.

If the A11Y software developers don't take advantage of A11Y interfaces in the program, then
it does not matter what the program developers do, the A11Y software won't work with it.

I don't know what the issue with VoiceOver is, but in the Windows world, unless Freedom Scientific
recently changed their thinking, LibO and AOo are non-starters.For that matter, the same thing
is true for GW Micro.

> Someone suggested LibreOffice your competitor so going to try that.

NeoOffice is more likely to work with VoiceOver than LibO.

>Hadley School for the Blind

What seems really stupid to me, is that rather than develop software that is fully functional
for blind people, organizations will spend money teaching people that can't see, to fail to
be able to use software that not only is user-hostile to begin with, but requires vision to
be able to properly use.

jonathon

--
Your documents, your language, your way.