openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Richard Lyes <raml...@hotmail.com>
Subject Dear sir/madam.
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 11:26:23 GMT
I have Always used open office for my books.

I began on Windows XP and never had problems.

Now XP is out of date and i updated to windows 8.1 two weeks ago.

I finalise my books for publication and work through the OO copy b4 uploading to the website.

Recently I have found that after corrections and Saving the document it opens to an old version
where the corrections are not shown.

How can this be?

Today 5 June i went out after working for awhile came back uploaded the OO copy to the website
and it has not saved the corrections I made.

This is not the first time.

And Spell Check does not work.

It says,

Spell Check reageert niet,

then shuts down the whole computer???

What is going on is OO incompatible with Windows 8.1?

I have the latest version of Open Office also.

Losing my changes in my books is very time consuming to  do it again and I will be very appreciative
could you tell me the reason Save and Auto Check do not work?

Thank you.

Richard Lyes

Verzonden met Windows Mail