openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Powerpoint Viewer 2007 refuses to open presentation saved with AOO 4.1 as PPT
Date Sat, 21 Jun 2014 16:01:24 GMT
On 30/05/2014 Fernando Cassia wrote:
> I created a 64-slides long presentation using AOO. I saved this to PPT
> with the intent of later using a shareware PPT/PPS to video converter.
> But first I wanted to know if Microsoft's own Powerpoint Viewer would
> open the file. ... It doesn't open it.

We are now reviewing bugs for OpenOffice 4.1.1. If you have a ODP file
that, when exported as PPT from OpenOffice 4.1.0, fails to open in
Microsoft PowerPoint (or the Viewer, for that matter) this should be
investigated. The smaller the file, the better. OpenOffice saves in the
common PPT format that many versions of Microsoft Office (from 1997
onward) open, so if the PPT file does not open we have a bug somewhere.

Regards,
   Andrea.