openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: June 25th CFP Deadline for ApacheCon and CloudStack Collab Conference EU - Submit Now
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 06:30:27 GMT
On 17/06/2014 jan i wrote:
> Now we are getting close to deadline for ApacheCon Budapest.
> Please submit talks

I fully second Jan's request, and I'm adding the QA list. The conference
was mainly discussed on the dev list so far, so here's some basic
information:
- Deadline is June 25 as stated in the subject; ApacheCon is November
17-21 in Budapest
- ApacheCon site: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-europe/
- Click on "Submit talk" to submit a talk; you will create an account in
the process

Don't worry about having something compelling or new to say. Many of you
can submit a talk, based on their experience in the OpenOffice
community. If you are involved with the project, at any level, you
surely had to learn something (using Pootle, using the CMS, using QA
tools, learning how to give effective support): all these topics are OK
for submission. See the conference as a community gathering, where you
speak to other community members in a friendly, informal, environment.

Remember that giving a talk gives you free entrance to the event. And
one more reason to submit talks is that we need to know how much
OpenOffice-related content is available in order to see in what form
OpenOffice is present at the conference (dedicated day, dedicated track...).

So, go submit a talk now! Submissions will be handled by volunteers
familiar with OpenOffice (you can volunteer yourself if you wish; see
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/community-dev/201406.mbox/%3C53A055AB.9030509%40rcbowen.com%3E

), so you can keep them brief and to the point.

Regards,
   Andrea.