openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: Using fields for frame or draw object in writer
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:57:07 GMT
At 08:48 18/06/2014 +0100, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
>On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:24:21 +0800 Hung Mark wrote:
>>I'm making a name label which I will finally cut the paper into
>>pieces and fold each piece of it in the middle into a reverse V
>>shape. I want to create text with fields, which one use normal text
>>and the other rotates 180 degree.
>>
>>I found suggestion from here
>>https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1168
>>saying that the fields do not support draw object. However I don't
>>know how to rotate a frame into 180 degree. Paragraph style does
>>have options for 0, 90, 270, but 180 degree is missing.
>
>A little elementary arithmetic helps here: 90 degrees + 90 degrees =
>180 degrees. Rotate the frame twice at 90 degrees.

The rotations the questioner is talking about - in paragraph styles -
cannot be applied cumulatively, of course. So your arithmetic, whilst
unimpeachable, is surely of no help? I don't see any way to rotate a
frame (which can accept fields) in a text document; what am I
missing, please? You can create a text box or paste in one created in
Draw and you can rotate this, but then I find (as he suggests) that
you cannot insert the fields.

Brian Barker