openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: How to prevent very long text in a cell overlap the footer in Calc?
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2014 05:57:36 GMT
At 02:02 12/06/2014 +0800, Hung Mark wrote:
>Thank you for the advices, but I expect that textflow to stop before
>the page footer and start from next page instead of covering over
>the page number. That's what I'm asking for help.

Indeed - but that's expecting spreadsheet cells to divide across page
breaks, and that really goes against the idea of each cell being an
integral item.

>I use it in a way as a form to collect opinions from other people
>and append new text. ( like issue tracking ) I believe this is not
>an unusual case of spreadsheet usage ...

I'd guess it probably was unusual.

>... and using writer arise other inconvenience despite it solves
>formatting problem.

I wonder what those inconveniences are. Do they apply if you use a
Writer table much as you are currently using a spreadsheet? After
all, that's also a regular array of cells - just one without (most
of) the calculation facilities.

Brian Barker