openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Open Office Spreadsheets
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2014 21:02:11 GMT
On Thu, 5 Jun 2014 16:41:06 -0400 (EDT)
SAMR188@aol.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I updated to 4.1.0 I noticed my previous spreadsheets in Open Office
> Calc have disappeared. I'm running Windows 8.1 using Windows Classic Shell.
> I'm  not concerned about the previous sheets since I have them backed up but
> I am  curious why when I upgraded to 4.1.0 that the previous sheets didn't
> carry  over.
>
> In any reply's please make it simple because I'm an old fart who's not too
> smart with computers. Hell, I don't even know how to use a cell phone.
>
> Thank You,
>
> Sam

They are still on your computer and can be opened by /File /Open - you may need to navigate
to the directory in which  they live. As you open each file, it will be added to the recent
Files indicator. A new install upgrading from OO 3.x to OO 4.x has had no recent files, so
cannot display them.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>