openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: new version
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 17:14:19 GMT
On Tue, 3 Jun 2014 17:51:19 +0100
frank owen <frank_owen@live.co.uk> wrote:

> I downloaded the newer version of Open office. I now have a program on my computer called
Speeddial..  I have tried to remove it but they have made it so complicated i will have to
pay someone else to do this. Why do you do these things. What is the point of it.

> Frank

Regrettably, you have downloaded from an unauthorised source; such sources often add search
bars, Trojans, advertising pop ups and other nasties. Because of the Open Source nature of
OpenOffice this cannot be prevented. We only recommend downloading from
www.openoffice.org/download
which will redirect you to SourceForge servers where the Trojan-free etc files are stored.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>