openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Word pad
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 09:15:34 GMT
On Mon, 2 Jun 2014 15:59:22 -0700
"Doug Thomas" <doug@dougthomas.biz> wrote:

> I downloaded open office.  I didn't like the format of the word processer
> documents, so I removed the program.  Now, my hundreds and hundreds of MS
> Word documents have all been re-formatted to Word Pad, which is totally
> unacceptable.  I can't even save a new Word document - they all turn into
> Word Pad.  How do I get my Word documents back to Word format?  I am very
> upset at this change!
>
> Doug Thomas

Your files have not been touched in any way. What has happened is that the File Associations
on your computer, which determine what program opens a particular type of file, have been
set so that .doc files open in WordPad. You need to reset the File Associations to point to
MS Office or MS Word; details are given in this posting

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=12918

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>