openoffice-users mailing list archives

From CenturyLink Customer <brownin...@q.com>
Subject Help with Page Numbers
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2014 22:01:28 GMT
Ladies and Gentlemen:  I would greatly appreciate your assistance with a problem.  I have
used Open Office for years, and am very pleased with it, but have hit a snag.  Specifically,
I am trying to delete the page numbers I presently have in the footers of a multi-page manuscript,
and replace them with new consecutive numbers, so as to consecutively add to the numbered-pages
of another manuscript.  The nu mbers I now have  are 1 to 20.  I want to insert the new
numbers, 21 to 30, so as to provide continuity of page numbers.  I have read the tutorial,
which ta lk s about "clicking into the first paragraph" of the first page, and I have tried
clicking at the start of the first paragraph, the middle of the first paragraph, etc., with
out any page numbers appearing.  I have also preceded this (following the tutorial) with
Format-Paragraph-Text Flow-Insert-Page Style.)  Can you assist?  Many thanks!   Jim Browning,
browning90@q.com