openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Attilio Ciochetto & Michelle Simmons <indyno...@att.net>
Subject Margins & Other Issues
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 19:13:25 GMT
I am trying to create a document that has one inch margins all around but the first page has
a three inch top margin for the letterhead paper.  I have gone through the Help in the program
and searched the forums until my head is pounding.  Neither is helpful at all in my opinion.
In Microsoft Word I can go to the menu, set the margins and push a button to make it apply
from the point of where the cursor is.  Your program is not that easy.  Please tell me how
I can make a document that has a three inch top margin for the letterhead paper used on the
first page with one inch margins all around for the rest of the pages.

I was taught that the standard margins are one inch all around for documents yet your program
has a default of .79" margins all around.  I don't understand why you have that if the standard
is one inch.  How can I change the default to be one inch all around each time I create a
new document?

Why do I have to create a whole new document just to print an envelope with an address?
I just want to put the address in and have it print.  Instead, I put the address in then
I have to create a whole new document BEFORE I can print the envelope.  In Microsoft Word
it prints the envelope without first creating a whole new document.  Can OpenOffice work
on this feature?

At times I have highlighted text to edit and inadvertently left the text highlighted when
I print the document so all that is printed is the highlighted text.  I have never had this
problem before using your program.  Can I turn this off?

Thank you for your help.

Michelle

BELTONE HEARING CENTER
INDY NORTH OFFICE