openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Gary McIver <talmato...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Spellchecker not working.
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2014 16:55:24 GMT
Dear Sir/Madam,
                          I have been using your wonderful product
for over 5 years now and have been extremely pleased with it, until yesterday. I started to
write a letter and typed in a word that, when reviewing it, was obviously mis-spelt, but there
was no red line under it telling me so. I tried another word which was another obvious mistake
and it missed that too. The AutoSpellcheck button is on my toolbar, and is highlighted as
"on", and when I click on the Spelling and Grammar button I am told that everything is O.K.
I am using English (UK) and have spent the whole weekend trying to fix the problem (forums,
questions etc) without success. Can you help me please?

Yours sincerely,

Gary James McIver.

P.S. I even tried uninstalling version 4.1.0. and reverting to version 4.0.0. but that did
not work either.