openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Buck" <cfc4...@tds.net>
Subject AOO 4.0.1
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 17:13:17 GMT
I have been using this version for as long as it has been on the street.
When Version 4.1.0 appeared, I upgraded to that with disastrous results and
after much troubleshooting and a lot of emails on this forum with no
results, I went back to version 4.0.1.

Oh, by the way, I do use the Windows 7 platform which apparently is not
compatible with AOO 4.0 and above.

I have been working on a translation of scripture for over fifteen years. In
the beginning of my efforts I used MS Word but went to OpenOffice 3 because
of formatting problems with Word. Now 4.0.1 has started to display those
same problems, only more severe. All of my formatting, such as fonts,
columns, and justification just do whatever they want to do no matter how
many times I correct them. When I try to open the odt file in MS Word I get
the message that the file is corrupt and cannot be salvaged. Thanks Apache.

Happily I did save it in other retrievable formats so all of my work was not
lost.

So this is goodbye to Apache and their piece of junk OpenOffice v4 and
above. Also it is goodbye to this useless forum. I will be unsubscribed as
soon as I get another email from some poor user looking for help that he
will never get.

Clarence "Buck" Castleberry