openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Cecil Price" <cepric...@roadrunner.com>
Subject OpenOffice4.0.1
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2014 18:40:28 GMT
I am having what I consider to be a serious problem with OpenOffice.  After
downloading OpenOffice 4.0.1 Most of my Microsoft Word files were
transferred into OpenOffice format without my instructions to do so.  I
consider this an outrageous intrusion into my files.  My first response to
this intrusion was to completely delete Open Office and any associated
software from my system, but I fear that in doing so I will lose important
documents.  I only have Open Office on my system because some associates use
it and it is simpler to use it to open files from them.  I believe it
reasonable to assume that I am not the only user having this problem, so I
assume you are aware of it and have a solution.  I would have searched your
bugs and problems section, however I feel that I may only be inviting
further intrusion into my system by registering.  Please contact me by
replying to this email with a solution to my problem.  I WANT MY WORD FILES
BACK!

C.E. Price Jr.